Sunday 26 January 2014

Our Saturday didn't get off to the best start we spent a good part of it getting lost as the sat nav crashed on the way to C's football match. Just about got there in time after a lot of driving around in circles in an area of Portsmouth I have never been to before.
Me and the kids then preceded to stand around in the cold for a silly amount of time, the game kicked off 15mins late. The referee really didn't know what he was doing. I've seen some bad decisions over the years that I've watched football but this really was something else. As a result of a lot of rolling around by players on the other team and a feeling that the gentleman didn't really know how long each half should have been, we ended up with a 1hr30 match. Which actually should have been 30mins each way! More than 2 hours in the cold later we started the drive home, quick lunch and then time to get M ready for gymnastics.
Another 40mins driving for me there and back and then dinner.

I spent a little bit of my evening time preparing some mystery feel boxes for home ed group tomorrow, theme being Australia. The kids are doing a bushtucker trial. Idea is they wont know what is in the boxes but they have to reach in to get the stars.

A late night for the boys as we had agreed to a family game of scrabble once M had gone to bed.

Well and truly shattered!



Sunday needed to be a chill out day, although my sort of chill out day involves housework and work usually!
The kids and dad went out to pick up some more wooden train track I had ordered from Tesco. C used to have a giant train set but I got rid of most of it when M was a baby as although I thought she might play with it I didn't think it needed to be such a big set. Years later now and I have all 3 of them moaning at me that they wished we had a bigger train set. So gradually we have been building it back up to a pretty reasonable size. They spent the next few hours playing with that and dad made a pretty good attempt at a Sunday roast under my instruction of course ;-)

We ate whilst discussing Christopher Columbus and all the bad things he did in his life, slaves and the like. How he didn't discover America and about Red Indians.  No idea how we got on the subject but made for a nice meal conversation.

Home ed group tomorrow so everyone is going to be in bed on time tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment