Saturday 23 November 2013

Winter is here

I always know when winter has properly settled in as none of us are all that keen on venturing out of the house. It has been very much a week of indoor activities.

We've had lots of minecraft homeschool, they completed all their tasks on time ready to start next weeks tasks. Plenty of den building and role play, construction in the form of lego, wooden bricks and even the duplo came out which I though they had perhaps outgrown.
The boys read a book to me between them and I've noticed a vast improvement in how fast they can read and the words they know. So that was a proud mummy moment.

We have watched films and I read the entire new Wimpy Kid book in 2 evenings to them. They could have read it themselves but they still enjoy me reading to them and I did cry with laughter at the book. That seems to have happened with all of the books in the series.

Lots of art going on, I have piles of colourings and drawings everywhere.

We have spent time working through body sticker books with all 3 of them. M finds it all fascinating.
The usual swimming lessons, jujitsu and football have gone on.

We baked cookies together and played on education city.

We did venture out to go shopping one day and spent the entire journey and some time sat in the car park talking about politics, interest rates and inflation which C especially enjoyed.

Some ramblings from our week!

Tomorrow we are off to stand in the cold to watch C play football and probably end up on the park too.

No comments:

Post a Comment