Tuesday 19 November 2013

Penpals and name writing

Although we had a day at home we had a pretty productive day. The boys spent some time writing to their new penpals. H's penpal lives in Ireland and C's lives in Georgia in the USA. They have only just started writing and the kids are also home schooled. It gives them some letter writing practice whilst making it a little more fun and interesting for them.

They have learnt where the address goes and how to set out a letter. Also writing the address on the envelope is not something either of them have had to really do before.

They have spent quite a bit of the day on and off the mincecraft homeschool server. I have been keeping a close eye on it as I'm finding it quite interesting too. 

M has spent a lot of the day playing with her farm and animals, this afternoon the kids decided to make some role play game up in the kitchen which meant that I lost all my clothes drying racks as they were being used as a barrier. There were cushions and duvets and enough extras that made me not want to venture out there. I left them to it as they were all playing so well together and you can't put a price on the educational value of plain old playing! 

I have spent any spare time clearing out cupboards in preparation for xmas and getting through what seems to be a gigantic washing pile again. Every time I think I am winning the battle it comes back with a vengeance. 

H spent his evening at jujitsu while C went to the shops with dad. M spent the evening on education city and bin weevils.

Almost forgot to mention that M wrote her own name for the first time today. I wrote each letter separately and then she had a go on her own. It was readable even though 1 letter was sideways and dad was very impressed when I sent him a picture of it while he was at work :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment