Tuesday 12 November 2013

New group

Well the weekend went in a blur as always, consisted of football, jujitsu, visiting a venue for my birthday party and a long trip to Wooky hole!

No time to recover, I spent any spare time over the weekend printing and finishing off the plans for Mondays group. This was a new home ed group which I had the madness to set up and run. The only benefit of doing it myself was that I could choose things that I know my lot would like to do.

After leaving the house early to go and collect the parcels which I needed for the group from the sorting office and collecting the keys we finally got to the hall.
Setting up didn't take too long, bit of table Jenga going on.
The session was based on Italy/Ancient Rome bit of a history and geography combo. I had made up a display about Italy with some pictures and facts on. I'd put a map up too so they could find Italy.
First session we made clay Roman plates or bowls with air drying clay and I had put little info cards out about Roman foods.








We then had a break for lunch, it was an early lunch as the timings for each activity need to be worked on a little I think.
After tidying up we went on to make pasta mosaic pictures and again a little info card about mosaics.




Then to round it off we made leaning tower of Pisas out of toilet roll tubes and pizza bases in small groups.


Overall the kids seemed to enjoy the activities, there was a few chaotic moments though which I expect will get ironed out over time and slight adjustments to timings will help. Although the work load is quite big it would be nice to have a regular monthly group so hopefully it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment