Tuesday 12 November 2013

Loo rolls

Definitely a chill out day today, lots of toys were got out which is why the living room looks like a bomb has hit it. Will attempt to clean it after writing this!
The kids did some painting, H decided to use some of the pizza bases to paint pizzas on which I thought was a great idea. We have a huge ton of loo rolls which would be a shame to throw out so decided to look up some loo roll crafts. Amazing how many things you can do with them. I particularly like the look of some of the Xmas decorations.



After falling out with the council we spent the evening clearing our allotment by torchlight ready to hand the keys back. I won't bore you with the details other than it was a difference of opinion on what a plot should look like this time of year! I don't see a problem having it covered with plastic sheeting when nothing is growing. I have a feeling they are trying to win allotments of the year or some other rubbish award. After having the allotment for what must be 7 years I am very disappointed with the whole thing but also relieved in a way. At least I won't have to keep to their standard any more. The boys were never really that enthusiastic about it and M can always grow stuff at home in the garden with me so I can get my veg growing fix another way and she won't miss out. We have to go back down tomorrow night for a bonfire and to say goodbye :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment