Thursday 16 January 2014

Hot choc & gingerbread

Again I seem to have lost track of updating the blog. I do have a little excuse, it was my 30th birthday big weekend! I don't normally celebrate birthdays (well my own) in a big way, a meal out is the norm. This one we decided to make a deal of though after spending a good deal of the last few years being pretty ill I wanted to mark it and have something to remember. I'm glad to report that I wont forget it!

All the boys football and martial arts classes started back this week. M started her first gym class on Saturday at a new group which is much better equipped that the toddler classes we had been trying to avoid at her request. She enjoyed herself and although it's 20mins drive away it should be worth it.
We then went on to my birthday party venue to set up my Tudor/Medieval themed evening. I would class it as having educational value. Seeing as we had to research medieval food and décor with the costumes and entertainers from the period who performed for us for the night. The music of the period and games played with the guests. We even had medieval dancing. It was a fantastic night and I imagine a lot was gained in an educational way too!

We had family down so the kids went ice skating with their cousin the next day.

For my actual birthday we spent the day together as a family, breakfast out, shopping with hot chocolate break..









then later a meal out with extended family.

The rest of this week has seen a good few nature documentaries, some great hama bead creations, worksheets on Europe, minecraft homeschool on middle age battles and education city for the boys to name a few. M has started a river project and been on reading eggs and education city.


We have been down to the museum and library, had a stroll around the pet shop and been out to the shops. Not strayed too far as the weather still isn't great!

Today we had a gingerbread cookery lesson where I let the kids have their own bowls and measure out all their own ingredients. I even dared to let them use a hob each to melt the butter/sugar/golden syrup mixture.  C did some of his Science workbook and H chose Geography again. Later in the day C went to football training while we popped to the supermarket.







No comments:

Post a Comment