Friday 18 October 2013

Ancient Egypt

We started the day off by heading over to Portsmouth Museum to take a look around the new temporary exhibition.

Ancient Egypt!

I love history if I haven't already mentioned it before. I hope the kids get my enthusiasm when I'm explaining stuff to them and hopefully take it all in a bit better because of it.

I really was in for a surprise as I had no idea there was going to be a real mummy there. Which was fantastic, although  the kids were a little grossed out by the point you could actually see the mummies toe nails!  

There were a few activities to do, we picked up a work sheet to do the trail and some rubbings. An interactive quiz, some ancient god sorting and pyramid building too. 


We managed to spend an hour and a half in there, followed by a quick look around some more of the museum then off home for a chip lunch. 

The afternoon was spent with dad playing football, riding scooters, picking flowers. 'H' went to Jujitsu in the evening. Currently the boys are sat doing ancient Egypt word searches to round off the day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment