Tuesday 24 September 2013

Well today really was a chilled back day, we must have all been tired out as nobody got out of bed until gone 9am! Another advantage of not having to rush out to the school gates. I had a friend coming around so me and the kids did a quick lesson in home economics. (Rushed around tidying up) Even though half the day was gone we still managed to fit in a few pages of English for 'C' while 'H' and 'M' made some paper plate clocks. http://eisforexplore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/time-teller-cheat-and-peek.html

I had noticed that although 'H' can tell the time when it is an o'clock or half past etc he was struggling with the 5 to's , 10 to's and so on. After making this clock, which is just what we needed, he spent some time with me figuring out what he had been confused about and I now think he has the hang of it. We will keep using the clock to make sure he's got the hang of it.
'M' to be fair probably made more smiley face paper plates than clocks but she had fun anyway.

Our evening was a little more busier, 'H' went off to jujitsu while the rest of us went shopping, we had some very interesting conversations in the car with 'C' about Diana (we seen a poster for the film) which then let on to the royal family and what a conspiracy theorist was. So much of home ed is done verbally and we have had many a conversation last for hours on a particular subject. It's difficult to remember those conversations and questions and document them at the end of the day. I think my main job is to answer questions rather than anything else as a home educator. 'H' as an example earlier picked up a book and asked me what 'smitten' meant. As long as you are active in helping them find out the answers you can't be doing a bad job. They learn something every day as long as you are listening and responding to them.

Wow I am impressed, 'C' whilst being told it was bedtime decided to make some armpit farts at me. On me saying how disgusting it was he decided to explain the science to me. The words that came out of his mouth were, "you make pockets of air between your hand and under your arm and you compress it quickly to make the sound". 'Pockets of air', 'compress' he does listen to me sometimes then!

No comments:

Post a Comment