Monday 16 September 2013

Today was book group, run by another home ed mum. We had read most of Hedgerow Tales by Enid Blyton in advance. I say most of, as me and the kids just didn't really take to it so gave up reading it half way through. I don't think it made a difference to the session though.
First of all we talked about the book then done some work of food chains using animals and food from the book. Each wore a picture of either an animal or some fruit/grass and we unravelled wool between the animals/food to demonstrate the food chains. I think they all took it in and learnt something from it, whilst being a good bit of fun.
Then they made origami foxes and rabbits.



Once we had tidied up we all went for a walk to find a hedgerow and pick some blackberries.

We said goodbye to everyone and headed off for a look around the shops and some late lunch.

Later dad took all of the kids swimming, I'm not all that keen on water so I like to leave them all to it!

In the evening I sat down with 'C' to read one of the books he'd chosen at the library, he's been struggling with remembering what he's just read so he tells me. So we are working through a book together so I can see if it is an issue or if he is just thinking about it too much as he had a tendency to do. He seems fine so far though.

No comments:

Post a Comment